In this article I will share how to use Instagram’s guide feature on Android and iPhone. Sharing fun photos and videos with friends and followers on Instagram is something you never get tired of doing. Besides “Reels” and “Vanish Fashion“, the feature that fascinates me the most in this social networking application is the “Guide“.
What makes it really interesting is its ability to allow you to recommend posts, places and even products that you think your followers will like. If you also feel it’s worth giving it a try, let me show you how you can create and share Instagram guides on iPhone and Android.
Feature “Guide” is a new feature that has just been rolled out. So make sure your device is fully integrated with it. If you haven’t updated the Instagram app on your device, make sure to do so beforehand.
Here’s how to update the Instagram app:
If you are using an iPhone, go to App Store -> Profile. Now, find Instagram and updates as usual.
On your Android device, go to
Google Play Store -> menu button > My apps & games. Now, search for Instagram and updates.
What Is Instagram’s Guide Feature?
As you might have guessed, Instagram’s guide feature is mainly aimed at influencers or someone who is interested in recommending something to others. When the Facebook-owned social networking app launched this feature in early 2020 as a trial, it was only available to a select group of creators such as community leaders, organizations and publishers. They can use it to publish content related to mental health and well-being.
With the latest update (17 November 2020), Instagram has launched a Guide for all users. Oh yes, the social networking app has also expanded its scope which allows you to recommend not only your favorite places and posts, but also products. Okay, the explanation about the guide feature I think is enough, now let’s discuss how to use the Instagram guide feature on Android and iPhone.
How to Use Guide Features on Instagram (Android and iPhone)
Here’s how to use Instagram’s guide feature on Android and iPhone:
1. Launch the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Now, tap on the tab Profile at the bottom and then press the “+” in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Next, select Guide in the menu that appears.
4. Next, you have three options to choose from:
- Place: Choose this option if you want to recommend your favorite place to your followers.
- Product: Choose this option if you want to recommend a product that you think your followers will like.
- Post: Select this option if you want to recommend a post that you have created or saved.
Choose the preferred option depending on your needs. In this test, I will choose Product.
5. After that, choose brand desired and then select the product you want to recommend, tick a product then tap Next in the upper right corner of the screen.
6. Next, you need write title appropriate and add information. Then, tap Next in the upper right corner of the screen.
7. Finally, tap the button Share to share the guide to your profile. If you don’t want to share it now, you can also save it as draft.
How to Find an Instagram Guide that has already been posted
You can find the Guide in a separate new tab in your profile. The Guide icon looks like a booklet that appears between the photo grid icon and the tagged photo icon. Apart from that, you can also explore Guides in the Explore tab. You can also share it in your story and in direct messages.
| It’s fun to create and share Instagram guides with friends and followers. I find this feature very interesting because the decision to make it available to all users seems a good one as it offers everyone complete freedom to recommend their favorite stuff.