How to Change Windows 10 Start Menu Color
| Did you know, that you can change the color of the Start Menu, taskbar and background of Windows 10. If you are interested and want to find a suitable color for your Windows 10 Start Menu, in this article I will discuss it.
Windows 10 by default automatically adjusts the background color for Start Menu application icons and taskbar application icons depending on the current desktop background color shade. For example -If you use a desktop background with a blue shaded image, Windows 10 will set the ascent color to blue, or if you have a gray shaded desktop background image, the ascent color will be set to gray.
Windows 10’s Start Menu and Taskbar can also be made transparent
if you want. If you want to change the default color of your Start Menu, or make it non-transparent, Windows 10 provides easy customization options for this.
You can change the Start Menu icon and live tile background color (also referred to as accent color) to your favorite color in ‘Windows Settings’ using below steps:
1. Open Application “Settings” Windows from the Start Menu or by typing “Settings” in the Cortana search box, and selecting “Settings“Windows Application
2. Navigate to Personalization -> Colors settings
3. Set options “Automatically pick an accent color for my background“become to”‘Off”
4. In the “Choose your accent color“, select one of the available favorite colors as the new accent color. For example, you select and set “Orange” as the new accent color.
5. Once you select a new color, this accent color will be used as Start Menu app icon and live tile background color.
Once you change the accent color to your favorite color, you can also change the Windows 10 Start menu, Taskbar and Action Center color to your new accent color by setting “Show color on Start, taskbar and action center“to”On“.
You can see that the background color of the Start menu, Taskbar and Action Center immediately changes to the new selected color.
Using these Windows 10 color customization settings, you can easily update the colors on the Start menu, Taskbar and Action Center, etc, to your favorite colors.