In this article,
I reviewed how to change the application icon on the iPhone (iOS 14). No matter how good an app icon is, it tends to get outdated or start looking dull after a while. Maybe that’s when you want to perfect the icon to make it look pleasing to the eye. Since the introduction of iOS 14, iPhone fans can now enjoy new freedoms in customizing their home screens.
It includes not only widgets, but also the possibility to change app icons and at the same time make normal apps disappear. Thanks to the changes in iOS 14, iPhone users have a new way to design their home screen. Don’t like the new Instagram icon? No problem, you can swap the new icon for the old one, as long as you have a suitable image.
For this custom app, you can choose to set your own image as app icon or choose a cool one from websites/apps that offer custom app icons.
icons8 and Flaticon are two platforms where you can get multiple app icons. So, head over there to pick some good looking app icons for your iOS device. To save any app icon, just touch and hold it then select the Add to Photos option in the pop-up.
Also read: How to Change Widget Color on iPhone (iOS 14)
The steps mentioned below work fine on iPhone and iPad. However, since the app library doesn’t exist on iPadOS, old apps should be stored on a different home screen to avoid duplication.
1. Once you have saved your favorite app icon to your photo library, launch it App shortcuts on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Now, tap the button plus(+) in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Next, tap the button Add Action.
4. Next, search for Open App and tap on it when it appears.
5. Next, tap Choose and then select your favorite app which icon you want to change. In this article, we will change the Twitter icon.
6. Next, tap on three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
7. Now, name it appropriate for your shortcut and tap on
Add to home screen.
8. Next, enter name shortcuts again. After that, tap
icon on his left.
9. Next, you have three options:
- Take Photos: Take a photo to set it as an application icon.
- Choose Photo: Select the desired image to be used as an application icon.
- Choose Files: Select the file that contains the application icon.
Since I saved my app icon in the Photos app, I chose “Choose PhotoAfter that, select the application icon in the photo library.
10. Now, adjust the icon in the frame and tap Choose in the lower right corner of the screen.
11. Finally, tap Add at the top right and then press Done at the top right to finish.
There he is! You have successfully created an app icon for your favorite app. Now, head over to the home screen to check it out. It works like a normal application. So, you can place it where you want, launch it to open the appropriate app, and even delete it if you no longer want to keep it.
So, that’s how to change the app icon on your iPhone. It should be noted that you can create as many app icons as you want. So, do your best to design the home screen as per your wish.