After previously I discussed how to use Instagram vanish mode, now in this article, I will tell you about how to add new special effects that are cool and definitely fun to your Instagram DMs.
Did you know you can now add cool new special effects to your Instagram DMs? With the latest software update, Facebook has merged Messenger with Instagram DMs, and since then the latter has received some cool new features like the ability to set custom chat colors, disappear mode, custom emoji reactions, etc.
Instagram is one of the most used applications on the Internet for sharing content publicly with followers, and privately with friends and family. The company offers its users the same filters and effects for sharing photos and videos in Direct Messages, which is reserved for Stories and Live.
How to Add Special Effects in Instagram DMs
You can now add special effects in Instagram DMs, whenever you reply to someone’s message or you send someone a new message. Follow the steps below to add special effects in IG messages.
- First, make sure you have the latest version of Instagram installed on your phone.
- Open an Instagram chat or chat and type a message.
- Tap the magnifier on the left next to the text entry field.
- Now you will see four new effects to choose from.
- Tap on it and select the one you like and that’s it.
- Doing this will send a message along with the special effects.
Apart from that, you can also save messages to use as quick replies. To do this, follow these steps.
- To save a sent message, long press the message and tap Save.
- You will be asked to assign a shortcut, enter a shortcut that is easy to remember, and press Save.
- To save the received message, long press on it > tap More > tap Save. Assign a shortcut to it, and you’re done.
Now whenever you want to send a quick reply, just use a shortcut instead of typing the full phrase.
Previously, Instagram DMs already had cool features including: DM selecting a specific chat, selecting a sticker option in the message bar, and finally selecting the Selfie option to create your own selfie sticker. These stickers can be made with various emojis in the form of a Boomerang. Once you are satisfied with the result, you can save it and choose to send it to as many people as you want.
Instagram also offers some fun filters for all users to try, with hundreds more being added every day.
That’s the tutorial on how to add cool new special effects to your Instagram DMs. Hopefully this article is useful for you, thank you for visiting and don’t forget to share this article with your friends too.